DevOpsDays 2015 comes to Singapore!
In the month of October 2015, community event and unconference DevOpsDays will be coming to Singapore where a group of experts, passionate speakers and enthusiastic participants will come together to share experiences, ideas and tools related to DevOps. Held at Raffles City Convention Centre from 16th-17th October, the 2-day grassroots event promises to address important issues and come up with new solutions and insights.
The term ‘DevOps’ refers to the short-form of the words ‘development’ and ‘operations’ where the ultimate goal is to bridge the gap between work operations and software development by bringing together professionals in both fields.
With its unique format as a loosely structured conference where informal information and ideas between participants and speakers can take place plus with its on-going hard-core technical talks, DevOpsDays stands out as a first-of-its-kind event in Singapore and South-east Asia in recent years.
A great line-up of talks and amazing speakers include:
- John Willis – An evangelist at Docker – A presentation that covers the current state of the Devops movement as presented by one of the original “Core Organizers” of the movement.
- Trent Hornibrook – Delivery Lead at REA – A sharing session on lessons learnt at REA, including collaboration between operations and developers and cultural differences in a distributed team.
- Vladimir Kirillov – A developer at zalora.com – Sharing a story of an Infrastructure team at Zalora that implemented DevOps using Haskell and Nix.
- Oyvind Roti – Solutions Architect, Google Cloud Platform team – In this talk, participants can learn about two general approaches to building custom images and how to use several popular open source tools to create an automated pipeline to continuously build images.
- Namrata Rao – Software QA Lead at TreeBox solutions – The talk focuses on how the transition of traditional models like Waterfall/Agile to DevOps can be made smoothly and highlight the benefits of doing so.
- And many others
One of the key highlights of the event is the chance to speak to experienced and open-minded individuals as well as connect with some of the greatest technical and business minds in the industry who are influencing decisions in security, monitoring, operations, engineering, quality and organisational change.
A list of sponsors who are participating include:
Meet the ever-growing DevOps community in Singapore and experience the DevOps mindset at its very best during this amazing event!
Get your tickets for both days now @ https://ti.to/devopsdays-singapore/2015
- Regular @ 200 SGD per ticket
- Bring your partner and benefit from the ‘DevOps Love Pairing’ discount (2 tickets) @ 150 SGD per ticket
- Each ticket includes free breakfast, lunch and snacks and drinks during the day.
- No dresscode
More details on the event can be found at: