InnovFest unBound 2015: Where Asian Innovation Meets the World
SINGAPORE – 28 April 2015 (Press Release) – To help Singapore entrepreneurs, innovators and researchers better access global markets, the National University of Singapore (NUS) Enterprise has partnered with AcreWhite, to co-organise InnovFest unBound 2015. This event is a two-day innovation festival, connecting global brands and corporations with leading start-ups and innovations, held from 28-29 April 2015.
Some 100 key decision makes, C-level executives, entrepreneurs, investors and innovators from Singapore and around the world will speak at the event. Their topics will focus on disruptive technologies, latest innovation trends and new technology insights to fuel entrepreneurial growth. Over 1,500 participants are expected at InnovFest unBound 2015.
New initiative to be launched to help Singapore’s ageing community
During the event, NUS Enterprise and ACCESS Health International will jointly launch a new programme, called Modern Aging. This will encourage entrepreneurs to build new businesses that serve the needs of the silver sector. Details on the programme will be shared in a press release issued on 28 April and during the Modern Aging pavilion held at 11.00am.
Other interesting news highlights of InnovFest 2015 include:
- Global Innovation: Singapore & The World – This panel discussion opens InnovFest unBound 2015 and will cover the various global innovation trends occurring, as well as Singapore’s relevance as a bridge between Asia and the world. The panelists are: Guest- of-Honour, Dr Vivian Balakrishnan, Minister for the Environment and Water Resources, and Minister-in-charge of the Smart Nation, NUS President Professor Tan Chorh Chuan and Dr Yossi Vardi, serial entrepreneur, investor and Co-Chairman InnovFest unBound. This panel discussion will be moderated by Mr Daniel Seal, CEO, AcreWhite.
- Technology Pavilions – There will be five pavilions, each covering the latest trends, new research initiatives and the growth of businesses in specific technology areas. These will feature speakers who are researchers, entrepreneurs, industry experts and policy makers. The pavilions are in the areas of:
i) Modern Aging (28 April, 11.00am)
ii) Spintronics (28 April, 2.00pm)
iii) Medical Devices (28 April, 4.00pm)
iv) Energy (29 April, 11.00am)
v) Environment (29 April, 2.00pm)
- VC Forum – Held on 28 April 11.00am, this forum for specially invited guests will bring together some 50 industry experts and investment practitioners for cross-over conversations and shared learning on macro investment trends. The forum will also showcase Singapore and Asian investment opportunities and provide access to Asian institutional capital. This two-hour forum will consist of a panel discussion, round table discussion, case studies and networking lunch.
- Pre-InnovFest unBound Kopi-chat with Yossi Vardi – Dr Vardi has 40 years’ experience in co-founding, leading and helping to build more than 80 high tech companies. During this session, he will speak on how to build successful start-ups. Organised by NUS Enterprise, Kopi-chat is held on 27 April at 6.00pm, University Hall, Level 2 Auditorium, 21 Lower Kent Ridge Road.
InnovFest unBound 2015 event schedule
Date/ Time: 28 April 2015, 8.00am
Venue: Suntec Convention Centre, Level 3, Nicoll 2 and 3
– 8.00am Registration, dissemination of information and breakfast
– 9.00am Welcome by Dr Lily Chan, CEO NUS Enterprise and Daniel Seal, CEO AcreWhite
– 9.10am Global Innovation: Singapore & The World (details on page 1)
– 9.45am Address by Guest-of-Honour, Dr Vivian Balakrishnan, Minister for the Environment and Water Resources and Minister-in-charge of the Smart Nation
– 10.00am Tour of exhibition by Guest-of-Honour
– 10.00am The Rise of the Asian Giants
A panel discussion covering the success of some of Asia’s most exciting and disruptive companies in setting the benchmark for technology companies across Asia. This will feature Mr Yat Siu (Founder & CEO, Outblaze), Mr Magnus Grimeland (Co-founder, Zalora Group), Mr John Park (Chief Global Strategy Officer, Kakao) and Mr Dhruv Shringi (Co-founder & CEO, Yatra Online). The panel will be moderated by Ms Wei Du (Presenter, Channel News Asia).
– 10.45am Big Idea: Asian Innovation Trends
A presentation by Professor Wong Poh Kam, Director, NUS Entrepreneurship Centre.
– 11.00am Entrepreneurial Spirit from around the World
This panel discussion between entrepreneurs who have built successful businesses from around the world will share experiences, best practices and insights. This will feature Mr Mike Kennewick (Co-founder & CEO, VoiceBox), Ms Minette Navarrete (President and Co-founder, Kickstart Ventures), Mr Italy Damti (Co-founder & COO, Asia Leverate) and Mr Noam Schwartz (Chief Innovation Officer, Similar Web). The panel will be moderated Ms Stephanie Hospital (Founder, One Ragtime)
– 11.45am Company Showcase moderated by Ms Ann Burgraff Rowell (Advisor, NUS Enterprise). This will feature presentations by growth-stage companies AnyClip, Yoyo wallet and DocDoc.
– 12.15pm Collaboration At The Core: Forging The Future of Partnering
This panel discusses the importance of alliance management that is crucial to success as the ability to collaborate becomes increasingly important to organisational growth. The panellists are Yoram Oron (Founder & General Partner, Vertex Venture Capital), Laura Voglino (VP Alliances & Ecosystem Development, IBM), Dongmin Chen (Dean School of Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Peking University) and Gianluca Galletto (Director of International Affairs, New York City Economic Development Corporation). It will be moderated by Earl Martin Valencia (President and Co-Founder, IdeaSpace)
– 1.00pm Lunch and viewing of exhibition
The conference continues in the afternoon with panel discussions and presentations on various topics. Details on topics and speakers can be found at www.innovfestunbound.com